Gallart - Main Page

Re: Artist F Arnold

[ Gallart Network - Message Board ]

Posted by gordon Hedley

In Reply to: Re: Artist F Arnold

: : : : : : : : : Has anyone any info on artist named above please.
: : : : : : : : Would he be the one who does sheep and trees and whose paintings look quite old?

: : : : : : : Yes the picture I have has a house with a thatch roof in the evening and people & horses walking down a dirt road. Lovely details. Old time clothing etc. Yes the painting is quite old.

: : : : : This is really J W Gozzard 18888-1950
: : : : : I would like to purchase any of his pictures

: : : I have recently aquired a painting by F Arnold and an lookinf for history and/ value of this. Please help me in locating any information. Thanks.

: : I also have a painting by F.ARNOLD. It is country scene a a woman in a long dress carry a bundle of sticks on her back driving five sheep along a counrty road alongside a lake. There are trees and house with a thatched roof nearby.I would also like some information about F.ARNOLD. Thispainting probably originated from either England or Scotland about 1900.

: Suggest later than 1900 as F Arnold was only aged 12 then
I have what appears to be a water colour of his thatched cottage on right sunset with 3 women talking to a man on a horse ..It looks like a typical fen scene from the UK, the church on the left of picture is definitly english style,the river and style of boat on the river are typical with the St Ives, and Fen Ditton areas of the uk The cottage style with the reed that is also very common arround St Ives area even to Ely as well where this type of reeds grow. The painting is on a linen type paper, has some fading, i would think about 1920's although the frame it was in I would have said 1900, picture size is about 10inches by 18 inches.Gordon

Reply Messages:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Gallart Network - Message Board ]